|IT’S GAME WEEK!|
|It’s Ag Day on campus and we’ve got everything you need to know for game day in the Rams recap!|
Colorado State (0-3) vs. Sacramento State (2-0)
Saturday 24 Sept – 2pm
Canvas Stadium – Fort Collins, Colorado.
Tickets “ buy now
Presented by: Canvas Credit Union and Colorado Army National Guard
How to follow the game:
📺 TV » Evoca TV/Local3
(Brian RothMark Driscoll)
📺 video stream » Mountain West Network
📻 radio tuning » CSU sports network
📻 radio stream » The Varsity Network app
📊 Live Stats » Sidearm stats feed
Jay Norvell Weekly press conference
» watch | Read
Weekly game notes
CSU Insider Podcast
Jay Norvell Coach’s radio show
» listen | The Varsity Network app
⏰ Wednesday, Sept. 21 – 6 p.m
📍CB & Potts Collindale
GAME PROMOTIONS AND GUESTS
What to wear: Wear orange!
» Celebration of the CSU Ag Day
» Nutrien Ag Day BBQ
” ghost day
» All Sports Reunion
Old main chimes: Randy and Karen Blach
Guest Gunners: nutrient
Postlude on the porch: After the game, the New Belgium Porch remains open for an additional hour and head coach Jay NorvellThe post-game press conference will be broadcast on RamVision.
MILLEN’S DURABILITY NO MORE A QUESTION MARK
» The starting quarterback of the CSU has shown toughness so far.
DEFENSIVE CORRECTIONS START WITH THE ASSIGNMENT TONE
» A defense will give up a few yards somewhere along the way.
CRESPO-JAQUEZ PLANS TO RUN ITS FAMILY FARM
» Crespo-Jaquez, a first-generation college student, has big plans. (CSU source)
CSU AG DAY PARTNERS BRING MORE THAN JUST FOOD ON THE TABLE
» The Ag Day BBQ feeds 3,000 fans annually.
10:00 a.m – Parking/tailgate opens
10:00 a.m – The new Ram Town opens!
» Corner of Meridian and Hughes
» Rams Kids Zone Inflatables
» Coors Light Ram Walk tailgate
» Grocery Vendor
11:30 a.m. – Meet the team for the Ram Walk!
» Corner of Meridian and Hughes
» Read more about the new design for 2022
12:30 pm – gates open
13:17 – Coma-like fires!
» Tailgating closes
13:45 – Golden Poms/Take the Field Ribbon
14:00 clock – Kicking off!
- The Rams are beginning their freshman year under their head coach Jay Norvell who was named the program’s 24th head coach on December 6, 2021. Norvell led his Wolf Pack team onto Sonny Lubick Field in the November 27 season finale and was the last head coach to leave the turf. Nine days later, he returned to Fort Collins as the Rams’ new head coach.
- During his five years in Reno (2017-21), he compiled four consecutive win-seven-plus seasons and led the Wolf Pack to four bowl games. Colorado State last won seven games in a season in 2017.
- Norvell is Colorado State’s fourth head coach in the past nine seasons, dating back to Jim McElwain’s final season in 2014.
- Norvell brought a series of FBS transfers to bolster the Colorado State roster and even more newcomers. A total of 15 scholarship transfers from FBS programs are on the list and a total of 54 new arrivals.
- Colorado State’s redshirt quarterback clay mill was the first freshman quarterback to start a season opener for the Rams since real-life freshman Pete Thomas in 2010 when he snapped the first Michigan Week 1 snap. That season, Thomas set the freshman passing record for 2,662 yards in 12 starts.
- The five starters on the offensive line have combined 92 starts into the season — zero coming from the Rams’ starter in the left tackle Brian Crespo-Jacquez who had never appeared in a game prior to Week 1 in Michigan. That total would be the 14th combined starts by an offensive line unit in the nation, but none of those starts came together as a unit. However, Crespo-Jaquez was injured in training after the Michigan game and will not be back this season.
- While the Colorado State roster includes 15 players with 10 or more starts at the FBS level, the team is bringing back just six offensive and defensive starters overall. Only offensive Ty McCullouch and David Bailey started more than eight games last season. Defense only Devin Phillips, Dequan Jackson, Cam’Ron Carterand Tywan Francis dwarfed by eight launches in 2021.
In the game…
- The State of Colorado hosts the State of Sacramento for the annual Orange Out/Ag Day Game, the school’s annual celebration of the state of Colorado’s rich agricultural heritage. The celebration began in 1981 to recognize Colorado’s roots as Colorado A&M when the sports teams were the Aggies.
- Ever since the tradition of celebrating Ag Day at sporting events began with football in 2010, the Rams have been 8-3. However, the celebration has not brought a win since 2017 and started 8-0.
- In the last five seasons, Colorado State has hosted four FCS opponents and only recorded a 2-2 record against them. In 2017 and 2019, the Rams beat Abilene Christian and Western Illinois, respectively. But in 2018 and 2021, the Rams were clearly defeated by Illinois State (35-19) and South Dakota State (42-23).
- Dating back to the 2021 season, the Rams are in nine games across two different coaching staffs since defeating New Mexico on Oct. 16, 2021. The Rams haven’t started 4-0 for coach Sonny Lubick since 2007, the last season.
State of Colorado in Nevada
Friday, Oct. 7 – 8:30 p.m. (FS1)
Mackay Stadium – Reno, Nev.