Sports clubs around Auckland are opening their doors to more than just sport this weekend with winter wellness and vaccination events at various clubs across the city.
The clinical director of the NRHCC vaccination program, Dr. Anthony Jordan said that with winter weather now hitting much of the country, it’s important to think about your winter wellness plan.
“As we expected, we are already seeing a spike in winter illnesses across Auckland and it’s not just flu or ongoing COVID-19 cases.
“There are many other diseases that are of increasing concern during this time, so we must plan now to protect ourselves against the disease getting worse.
“Getting your flu shot or making sure you’re up to date on your COVID-19 boosters are two important things we can do. With many vaccination clinics nearby, people can have these done this weekend.
“It’s also important that people with longer-term health conditions, who often have a harder time during the winter, have all the necessary medication they need and a plan to get additional care and support if they need it.”
The Netball Community and Events Center in Manurewa, Kolmar Rugby Sport Club, Hawks Rugby League Club in Māngere East and the Auckland Netball Center in St Johns are all offering COVID-19 and flu vaccines this weekend.
There are also other vaccination events taking place, including during tomorrow’s Pasefika market in Manurewa. Below you will find further details on the individual events, which you can also find here:
- Pasefika Market Vax Event, Friday 10th June, 8am-4.30pm, Netball Community and Events Centre, 95 Browns Road, Manurewa
- 47 Favona Road Event, Saturday 11th June, 8:30am-3:30pm, 47 Favona Road, Favona
- Tonga Vaccination Event, Saturday, June 11, 10:00-16:00, 3A King Street, Otahuhu
- Māngere Town Center Car Park, Sat 11 Jun, 9am-4pm, Māngere Town Center Car Park, Orly Road
- Kolmar Rugby Sport Club, Saturday 11 June, 8:30am-4:30pm, Kolmar Sports Club
- Lindisfarre Reserve – Vaccination Day, Saturday 11 June, 10am-2pm, corner of Tonar St and Lake Road, Northcote
- Hawks Rugby League Club – Vaccination Day, Saturday 11 June, 9am-3pm, 10 Hain Ave, Māngere East
- Roulston St Carpark – Vaccination Event, Sat 11 Jun, 10am-2pm, Roulston Street Carpark (opposite Pukekohe Vaccination Center)
- Rally Your Village, Saturday 11 June, 9am-3pm, Ōtara Rugby Club, 95R Ōtara Road
- Auckland Netball Centre, Sat 12 June, 3pm-4pm, 7 Allison Ferguson Drive, St Johns
People can also walk or drive to a number of community vaccination centers that offer both COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations. Their opening hours are listed on our website: www.vaccinateforauckland.nz
People can also register with GPs and drop by most pharmacies – all have their opening times listed on the Healthpoint website. There are currently more than 380 vaccinating general practitioners and pharmacies throughout the city. Individual bookings are available on BookMyVaccine.nz and bookings for two or more whānau members can be made by calling 0800 28 29 26.
© Scoop Media