Overwatch 2 marked a new beginning for Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning heroic FPS. It became a free-to-play model with the controversial monetization of a premium seasonal battle pass and purchasable tokens as in-game currency. Some changes from the previous game also include the new push maps and a 5v5 team format.
While there are some minor changes from the first game, one of Overwatch’s major overhauls involves the first-time user experience. New players are slowly being introduced to Overwatch 2, with limited access to the game’s cast and past characters.
Most of the Overwatch 2 hero roster can be unlocked by completing gameplay challenges, gaining experience, or using the Premium Battle Pass. Ranking the Battle Pass requires players to earn XP through challenges and matches.
Rivalry’s handy guide details exactly how to unlock all heroes in Overwatch 2including: how to unlock Kiriko, Ramattra, Sojourn and Junker Queen, the latest additions to the list.
Overwatch 2: Which Characters Are Already Unlocked?
Original Overwatch account holders and experienced players do not need to unlock every hero as they retained their access to all heroes from the original game. You only have to worry about accessing new heroes like Sojourn, Junker Queen, Kiriko, Ramattra and any other heroes that Blizzard will release in the future.
New players can initially only Access 13 of the 35 heroes in Overwatch 2.
- tank: Orisa, Reinhardt, Winston, Zarya
- Support: Lucio, Mercy, Moira
- Damage: Pharah, Reaper, Soldier: 76, Torbjorn, Tracer, Widowmaker
Overwatch 2: How to Unlock Original Heroes
For new players who have not purchased the Watchpoint Pack, the only way to unlock the remaining heroes is by playing the game! To start unlocking heroes in Overwatch 2, Players will need to complete around 150 games to eventually unlock every character from the original game.
This is a tutorial-like system to slowly introduce new players to the Overwatch 2 system without overwhelming them with all 35 heroes at once. By completing matches, you can gradually unlock each hero over time.
Genji – Play 1 game
D Va – Play 2 games
Cassidy – Play 3 games
ann – Play 4 games
Hanzo – Play 9 games
Junkrat – Play 12 games
traffic rowdy – Play 15 games
Symmetra – Play 20 games
Zenyatta – Play 25 games
bastion – Play 30 games
Sigma – Play 40 games
As he – Play 50 games
Bridget – Play 60 games
mei – Play 70 games
doom fist – Play 85 games
Baptiste – Play 100 games
sombra – Play 115 games
wrecking ball – Play 130 games
echo – Play 150 games
Overwatch 2: How to Unlock New Heroes
The four new heroes in Overwatch 2 include Sojourn, Kiriko, Junker Queen, and Ramattra. They all require specific gameplay challenges to unlock. They were originally available for both the Free Battle Pass and the Premium Battle Pass of each release season.
Players who missed it can purchase the previously released heroes with Overwatch Coins.
Unlock Kiriko Challenges
To unlock Kiriko, players must complete gameplay challenges that involve winning certain game modes by playing as a support and mastering Kiriko’s hero abilities in the Proving Grounds.
- Wins: Win 35 queued games as All Reels or play Support Heroes in Competitive Matchmaking, Quick Play or No Limits.
- Practice kunai crits: Score two critical hits with Kiriko’s Kunai.
- Practice the healing of Ofuda: Heal 250 damage to friendly bots with Kiriko’s Healing Ofuda.
- Practice protection Suzu: Use Protection Suzu on two allied bots at the same time.
- Practice quick step: Use Swift Step through a wall to an allied bot.
- Practice wall climbing: Use Kiriko’s Passive Wall Climb in the practice range.
- Practice Kitsune Rush: Buff two allied buffs with Kiriko’s ultimate, Kitsune Rush.
Unlock Sojourn Challenges
Sojourn was released in Overwatch 2 Season 1. It can be unlocked by completing several gameplay challenges such as: B. Testing your hero’s skills in the Proving Grounds.
- wins: Win 35 games as DPS heroes in different game modes like Quick Play, No Limits or Competitive Mode.
- Practice Railgun Primary Fire: Eliminate three enemy bots using Railgun’s primary fire mode.
- Practice Railgun Secondary Fire: Eliminate two enemy bots with Railgun’s secondary fire.
- Practice Power Slide: Deal damage while using Sojourn’s Power Slide ability.
- Practice the disruptor shot: Damage two enemy bots with a single disruptor shot.
- Practice overclocking: Kill three enemy bots with Sojourn’s Ultimate, Overclock.
Squire Queen Unlock challenges
The Australian Queen of Junkertown was a highly anticipated hero released alongside Overwatch 2 and has already become a fan favorite. Your unlock challenges follow the same formula as the previous entries.
- Wins: Win matches as a tank hero in Quick Play, Competitive or No Limits. As with Sojourn and Kiriko, 35 wins are required.
- Practice Scattergun: Eliminate three bots with Scattergun.
- Practice the command shout: Provide the buff from a single use of Command Shout to two friendly bots.
- Practice Serrated Blade: Recall Jagged Blade while still stuck in an enemy.
- Practice Carnage: Use Carnage on an enemy bot while impaled with Jagged Blade to pull them forward.
- Practice adrenaline rush: Heal yourself with Adrenaline Rush.
- Practice Rampage: Damage two enemy robots with a single use of their Ultimate Rampage.
Ramattra Unlock Challenges
Ramattra is a new hero introduced in Season 2 of Overwatch 2. Any player who missed unlocking it in the Premium Battle Pass can purchase it in the shop by spending money. Ramattra costs 900 Overwatch Coins.
As with the previous three locked heroes in Overwatch 2, Ramattra can be unlocked by completing matches as a tank and learning his skills in the Practice Range.
- Wins: Win 35 games as a tank hero in any game mode.
- Practice Void Accelerator: Eliminate three enemy bots with Void Accelerator.
- Practice Ravenous Vortex: Use Ravenous Vortex during Omnic Form and Nemesis Form.
- practice chubby: Damage two enemy robots simultaneously with Pummel while in Ramattra’s Nemesis form.
- Exercise barrier: Absorb 30 damage while using Void Barrier.
- exercise block: Block 30 damage while in Ramattra’s Nemesis form.
- practice annihilation: Extend the duration of Ramattra’s Ultimate Annihilation by at least six seconds while near enemy robots.
There you have it! How to unlock the complete list of all heroes in the new Overwatch 2.
This guide will be updated to include more characters as Blizzard Entertainment adds them to the game in future Seasons. Stay tuned to Rivalry to find out how to unlock all of the newer heroes in Overwatch 2!