Hello, everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning to walk you through everything you need to know about what’s happening at Johns Creek today. Just like that …
First today’s weather:
Humid with clouds and sun. High: 87 Low: 68.
📢 Seeking Business Owners and Marketers in Johns Creek who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Johns Creek Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If this is you, then I invite you to find out more and secure your place now.
Here are the top three stories at Johns Creek today:
- Work crews installed the new pedestrian bridge for the Rogers Bridge over the Chattahoochee River on Friday morning. Additional elements will be built in the coming weeks, including an aqueduct and the bridge approaches. The replica of the original bridge will be completed later this year. (Facebook)
- Over the Memorial Day weekend, the Medlock Bridge area of Johns Creek hosted the 30th Annual Calcutta Tennis Tournament. The event raised over $5,000 for Special Populations Tennis, a nonprofit organization that provides tennis programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. Over the weekend, more than 67 matches were played on the 12 courts of ACE Tennis Management. (John’s Creek Herald)
- Fulton County schools plan to offer safety changes for the upcoming school year following the mass shootings in Uvdale and Buffalo. The Fulton County Schools System is offering a new threat assessment tool that measures who is at risk on campus, how at risk others are, and what actions should be taken. The school system will contact parents with more information prior to the school year. (CBS46)
Today at John’s Creek:
- Father’s Day make and take cards At the Ocee Library (3:00 p.m.)
- Movies Under the Stars: Double Feature At Suwanee Town Center Park (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Thank you to everyone who attended the public input meeting at Barnwell Road on Niblick Drive on Thursday evening in Park Place. If you missed the meeting, you still have time to provide feedback here on the city’s website. (Facebook)
- View images and videos of The Johns Creek Fire Department’s morning training session on the Oceanid Rapid Deployment Craft. (Facebook)
- Here are some tips from Johns Creek Fire Department Stay alert by the water this summer. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Thomas Arvid Annual Summer Show (June 11)
- Film about The Green at Crabapple Market (June 13)
- Hire a Pro to Clean Up the Garden for Dad (June 19)
- Wellness Together Walk-Along at Cumberland Mall (June 21)
- Wellness Together Walk-Along at Perimeter Mall (June 21)
- Add your event
Appearances & Services:
That’s it for today! I will see you soon.
— Dan Casarella
About me: Dan Casarella is a writer, podcast producer and small business development specialist who used to work in late night television. He has produced many talking points, including with President Joe Biden, Kobe Bryant, and Chadwick Boseman. Dan studied media studies and production at Temple University. He also enjoys running, painting, and the ups and downs of Philadelphia’s sports teams.