Welcome back Strongsville. I’m here in your inbox today to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town.
But first today’s weather:
A gusty thunderstorm; airy, warm. High: 89 Low: 60.
Here are the top three stories in Strongsville today:
- The Ohio High School Athletic Association has released its official football computer ratings for this week. Strongsville High School made it into the top 16 in Division 1. The team goes into week six at two through three. Click the link to view the full rating list. (Cantonal repository)
- Strongsville police arrested a dirt bike rider after a chase on Royalton Road. The incident happened on September 3rd. The dirt bike rider eventually fell off the bike and attempted to flee from department officers on foot. He has since been charged with fleeing and escaping, but the department anticipates more charges in the future. (cleveland.com)
- Cuyahoga County has determined that its long-delayed enterprise resource planning project is “doable.” The goal of the project is to streamline county payroll while connecting all county offices online. The project to revamp the county’s property tax system has also ended. (Cleveland.com)
Help us make Patch better:
Our user research team is interested in hearing about your experience with Patch. This is an opportunity for you Give direct feedback and help us to improve our service you and your community. Your portion of our research would consist of a single 30-60 minute interview and You would receive a $25 Amazon gift card via email for your time. Interested? Sign up here to participate. If you are selected, we will contact you directly to arrange your appointment. Thanks – hope to see you soon!
Today in Strongville:
- Strongsville cruise in 2022 At Slim & Chubbys Strongsville (5:00 p.m.)
- Book review on Wednesday evening At the Strongsville Public Library (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- The Strongsville Police Department has officially started it Citizen Police Academy fall session. The 10-week academy meets Tuesday nights between 6:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. (Strongsville Police Department via Facebook)
- Strongsville City Schools offers Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in each district building. The program aims to reinforce positive behaviors in students. Click to learn more. (Strongsville City Schools via Facebook)
- The parliamentary elections on November 8th are just around the corner. Have you already created a voting plan? Click to verify voting information. (City of Strongsville)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Now you are in the loop and ready to walk out the door this Wednesday. I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Danielle Fallon O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a Senior Writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and helps Patch.com create community newsletters. Danielle also has a master’s degree in Communication Studies and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.